There are a number of reasons why you should share software on YouShare.
- It makes it easy for you personally to use an application that uses data on YouShare.
- It allows others to trial your software.
- Your software is protected. People can use it without owning it.
- It allows you to easily track usage and record work you have done via the Service Log and other information the portal gathers.
- It allows you to collaborate effectively with others.
- A primary research output is software and sharing this is a project aim.
- A secondary research output is software and sharing is interesting.
- You want to share with specific individuals or groups who are part of your project team.
- You want to generate future collaborations by allowing people to use your tool (hoping that they also cite your work in their papers).
- You wish to create a community around your tool.
- You feel it is just useful.
By default your software is private to you when its uploaded. Using the system you can share it with named individuals, people in a particular defined group, or a group that you define yourself, or with every user.