YouShare provides a number of benefits for a researcher (more information can be found in the list of features).
Examples of how youshare can be found in using YouShare
- Provides a home for your data from which you can manipulate or share it.
- You can share information about your data with colleagues and collaborators, individually, or with groups, or to all users but keep control of the underlying data.
- You can share your data with colleagues, collaborators, groups, or to all.
- Running programs
- You can run programs (aka services) on the data.
- Tracking provenance, and recording your activities
- How you run the programs is tracked so you can reference what you did, either for your own use, or to allow methodology to be tracked for paper submission or reproducibility.
- Secondary data can be traced back via the programs that created it back to the primary data.